1. Modern Messy Bun
This effortless style can make even knotty bed head look instantly groomed and chic.
- Brush hair into a high ponytail and secure with a hair band
- Twist the length of your ponytail round into a bun
- Secure the bun with a few grips or pins
- Pinch and wiggle up some pieces through the crown of the head to add some volume and height. Pinch and rub some pieces through the bun to give it the cool girl edge
- Add three or four decorative clips in a row at the back of your head from the nape to the bun. This will keep in strays and give some sass to the back!
2. Crown Braid
This pretty spring up do is perfect for second- or third-day hair, will bring give you that festival feel and get you all the compliments!
- Part your hair down the middle
- Take one side and plait your hair from the top of your ear down to the ends add a clear band to secure the ends if needed
- Repeat on the other side
- Pinch out and loosen some strands from each section of the plaits to create a messier, fuller plait
- Cross the plaits over front part of your crown
- Secure with bobby pins
- Decorate the plaits with decorative clips to add the fashion edge
3. Low knotted pony
Sexy, summery and simple. This up so adds some oomph to the standard boring pony.
- Texturise your hair with some dry shampoo or texture spray
- Divide hair in half
- Double knot the hair at the base of the neck
- Secure with a few pins
- Backcomb the ends to keep in place
- Decorate the sides from behind the ear to the pony with 2 or 3 decorative clips
Pair these tips with the Faace Pack – a great gift to you or someone else. For a limited time only, we’re offering the Pack at £24, featuring:
Your mask of choice – Period, Tired or Sweaty Faace.
Gold hair pins to keep your hair out of your faace.
And as we’ve spotted socks and sandals all over Instagram, plus let’s face it, being a bit more cosy right now, really isn’t going to hurt, we think you should adopt this trend and wear your feelings on your feet with our ‘Tired’ ‘Faace’, ‘Sweaty’ ‘Faace’ or ‘Period’ ‘Faace’ socks. Note – we haven’t given you tips on how to do this one, as we think you can manage it by yourself.
Plus, because we still have periods on lockdown, for every Faace Pack purchased, a pack of period products will be donated to someone in need via social enterprise, Hey Girls.
By Gemma Wheatcroft @gemflossi